The CloudController® application is structured as a Microsoft .NET application using Microsoft SQL for the application database, LDAP / Active Directory for the user authentication and Single SIgn-On (SSO), ASP.NET for the front-end web portal, and HTML5 for graphics presentation.
The front-end has been divided into both user and administrative areas with six separate levels of role definition, access, security and operation.
Management Users can customize their access and usage of the cloud through CloudController® with their own look-and-feel (white-label), service catalog, network availability, reporting options, language, currency, time zone, server and data protection templates, price lists and security features.
CloudController® interfaces to various IT infrastructure software management platforms at the API-level and provides a true 'Single-Pane-of-Glass' web-based user interface. With its own RESTful public API service, CloudController® offers end-users the possibility to interface their own infrastructure management software and/or BSS/OSS to our encapsulated automation and control workflows.
CloudController® holds all relevant configuration data, and is thus the controlling database for the configuration and hands-free management of heterogeneous VDC environments (multi-vendor clouds) in any Public Cloud, Private Cloud or Hybrid Cloud.
In addition, for IaaS, with CCIS, there is full RDP access to VM's running Microsoft Windows® Server as the guest operating system, console access and individual access to hypervisor tools from each virtual server from within CloudController®.
SaaS and PaaS users in the cloud benefit from the ability to fully-automate application delivery, patching and upgrades as well as make use of some unique value-added features of CloudController® Media Library such as:
- Software Media Bundles - Multiple software media items sold (public cloud), or distributed (private cloud) as a single Service Catalog item.
- Platform Bundles - Combination of a VM and one or many software media items sold (public cloud), or distributed (private cloud) as a single Service Catalog item.
- Deployment Catalogs - Create from Media Bundles and/or individual software media items to automate software media deployment to 100´s or 1000´s of Cloud Access Points (CAPs).
- Server Session Paging - Deploy software media items to any server session with advanced session management with secure separation.
- Advanced License Management - Assign any of 21 unique license types to any virtualized software media to create unique SaaS and PaaS Service Catalog items. CCML easily tracks license consumption, simplifying reporting to ISVs.